The Eden Brotherhood is a fellowship of the Church that serves to enhance the Church’s overall mission through worship, prayer, music, Christian life and service to others. The Brotherhood invites all the men of Eden Church to participate in our meetings, fund raising activities and social gatherings to further develop their Christian faith.
Bill Arth - President
Steve Woods - Vice-President
Rich Bunte - Treasurer
Dan Joachimsthaler - Secretary
Les Becker - Membership/Financial Secretary
History: Brotherhood was organized on February 7, 1924. There were 96 charter members.
Activities: Activities include regular monthly meetings, fundraising activities, social gatherings and volunteer opportunities.
Membership: The Brotherhood is open to any adult male member of Eden Church.
Meetings: The Brotherhood meets monthly September through May, on the first Thursday of each month, at 7:00 p.m., in the Eden Church Fellowship Hall.
Donations to Groups:
• Boy Scouts
• Retaining wall project in front of the church and parking lot
• Habitat for Humanity
• DuBois Center
• Eden 140 Year Celebration
• Glen/Ed Last Night Program
• Thanksgiving Baskets
• Foundations of Ministry and Stepping Towards the Horizon’s Building Project
• Refreshments and food for the Blood Drives
Fellowship & Social Events:
• Brotherhood Picnic
• Pinochle Tournament (January meeting)
• September meeting member dinner (Fish fry for 2010)
• Guest speakers
• Get to know your Brotherhood
• Music nights by various Eden musicians
Volunteer Projects and Special Activities:
• Frying Chicken for the Eden Youth Chicken Dinner
• Selling Script for the Eden Daycare
• Working at various functions to raise money for “Foundations of Ministry”
• Operating the Bratwurst booth at the Route 66 Festival, (June)
• Operating the Bratwurst booth at the SIU Block Party, (New in 2010 - August)
• Serving at the Mother/Daughter Banquet.